We give you the information you need to know first. We have structured our courses so that it is easy to get straight to the relevant bits. Everything is clarly labled and assets that accompany each lesson are easy to find.
We have built our courses in a modular fasion. This is also broken don in a step by step guide, so that the task of GDPR compliance can be tackled piece by piece. Each module has its own downloadable tools and handouts to make implimentation a breeze.
We’ve described GDPR as an opportunity as well as being “just something you have to comply with.” So what is the opportunity in GDPR? We outline the challenges involved in compliance. With a focus towards the perspective faced by SMEs. Who is this relevant to? Well, basically anyone who works with, or is responsible for personal data.
Even if you record someone’s name, thats still personal data. It does’t matter if your business is based inside Europe or outside (yes Brexit will still mean GDPR compliance)
With a focus towards the perspective faced by SMEs. Who is this relevant to? Well, basically anyone who works with, or is responsible for personal data.
- Do you record someone's name?
- Have a Security Camera on Your Premises?
- Send quotes or Invoices to Individuals?
- Do You Employ Staff?
It does't matter if your business is based inside Europe or outside (yes Brexit will still mean GDPR compliance) If your business deals with the data of EU citizens then GDPR applies. Even if your business only deals with UK citizens, post Brexit, the GDPR will be incorporated into UK law.
- The data of EU citizens
- Business only deals with UK citizens
- Post Brexit, the GDPR will be incorporated into UK law
In this course we will emphasise to point of view of a small business or SME, however GDPR compliance affects all organisations of any size. This course divides into five weeks of manageable, bite-sized actions and explanations.
- First we give the overview
- Then we explain how it has come about
- We look at preparing for compliance
- By first understanding accountability and data protection principles
We will look at the individuals enhanced rights under GDPR. This also give us an opportunity
- We look at what rights have historically been in place
- Applying GDPR as a logical next step
- No need for vast business overhaul
- We will look at some common issues
Of our experience, many business owners have found dealing with the many facets and conflicting advice out there about GDPR to be overwhelming.
- Get you off the starting block
- Broken down into manageable chunks
- Timescales that our previous clients have found workable
- Compliance is much easier than you thought